2015 Lee County Business Plan Competition
The deadline has been extended to January 30th. You have a chance to win up to $5,000 for your business startup or expansion.
Retail – Restaurants – Services – New Products – Manufacturing – Agriculture – Technology – Startups – Expansions.
This event is sponsored by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. Visit www.extension.iastate.edu/lee/bizplancompetition or pick up an informational packet at the Lee County Extension Office, 414 Main Street, Donnellson, IA.
Fort Madison Partners Annual Dinner, February 20th at the Comfort Inn & Suites
Cocktail hour starts at 5:30 with Dinner at 6:30 $50 per person or a table for $500 Please RSVP to Laura Francisco at 319-372-5471 by February 6th.
Upcoming Blood Drives
- Augusta Community Blood Drive – Tuesday, February 3rd from 2 – 5 P.M. at the Augusta Community Center in Wever, IA
- Fort Madison High School Blood Drive – Saturday, February 7th from 9 A.M. – 1 P.M. at FMHS, 2001 Avenue B Room 202
- The Madison Blood Drive – Thursday, February 19th from 12 – 3 P.M. at The Madison Activities Center, 1702 41st Street
- Fort Madison Community Blood Drive – Tuesday, February 24th from 2 – 6:30 P.M. at Sts. Mary and Joseph Parish Center, 415 11th Street
- Fort Madison Community Hospital Blood Drive – Friday, February 27th from 11:30 A.M. – 2:30 P.M. at FMCH Lower Level Conference Room, 5445 Avenue O
- Rashid Pharmacy Blood Drive – Friday, February 27th from 3 – 6 P.M. at 2404 Avenue L, MVRBC Donor Bus
HTC Homecoming Alumni Party, January 31st
Alumni Homecoming Party is Saturday, January 31st at Roling Hall with social hour starting at 6:30 P.M. with appetizers, drinks and desserts. Chaz and the Channel Cats will perform from 7:30 - 10:30 P.M. The classes of 2005 and 1990 will be honored this year.
Adult Coed Volleyball
Calling all Men and Women age 18 and over (must be out of high school). The YMCA will be holding adult coed volleyball games for teams of men and women, up to 10 per team. Games will be 6 on 6 with equal amount of men and women; teams may have more women than men on the court at one time but cannot have more men than women. Cost is $75 per team. Deadline for signing up is February 8th. Contact Casey Orwig at 372-2403.
Pack It In Pink Night, February 11th
Southeastern Community College and The Hawk Eye will present Pack It In Pink night at 7 P.M., Wednesday, February 11th. The Blackhawks will take on Illinois Central College. The Blackhawks will wear pink jerseys in recognition of Great River Hospice. Fans are encouraged to wear pink too. Free game tickets are available at Great River Hospice House, 1306 S. Washington Road, West Burlington and the Great River Gift Shop inside Great River Medical Center at 1221 S. Gear Avenue, West Burlington.
The Biggest Loser Community Challenge, starts February 23rd
The Fort Madison Chamber of Commerce and Fort Madison Community Hospital presents "The Biggest Loser Community Challenge". The cost is $100 for teams of 4.
Contact the Fort Madison Chamber office at 372-5471 for details.